Thursday 28 January 2021

Interesting Blog on Nessie Postcards



I am an avid collector of postcards to do with the Loch Ness Monster and general views of the loch from the Castle and all along the shore. The way our favourite beast is depicted is a source of amusement with a tinge of sociology thrown in while the places shown from over a century old give some insight into olden days. They can also come in useful for research when considering eyewitness locations from the past.



So Leigh Penman emailed me to tell me about a new blog on Nessie related postcards he has started with discussions on selected postcards. If you are interested in such postcards and the history behind them then have a look, his blog is at this link.


The author can be contacted at lochnesskelpie@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - I'll check this out. I have a few Nessie postcards, but since I am not one to do much in the way of online shopping/bidding, my collection will not grow too much. But I do love looking. If you have any duplicates you want to get rid of...

    ReplyDelete